Senior Game Engine Engineer
Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
As the gaming industry undergoes rapid transformation, from the rise of free-to-play to the emergence of play-to-earn games and GameFi, Nyan Heroes stands at the vanguard of this revolution. With a focus on crafting a AAA multiplayer shooter set to launch its alpha in late 2023, we're committed to pushing the envelope.
By harnessing the power of blockchain technology, Nyan Heroes aims to involve and empower players equitably in all aspects of the game and its economy. Our mission is to set the gold standard for fair, sustainable game development in the GameFi space, leading the industry's advancement technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role:
Nyan Heroes are keen to hire a Senior Game Engine Engineer, who will be in charge of implementing and optimising low-level code and building foundational systems in Unreal Engine 5.
What you’ll be doing:
- Optimising and enhancing the Unreal Engine 5 for our game
- Implementation of modules and components for low-level mechanics, such as streaming, graphics, physics etc…
- Maintenance and integration of Unreal Engine 5 codebase (using GIT)
- Collaboration and Review of impacts of high-level system on performance
- Implementation of Editor level tools, modules and components to enhance the workflow and efficiency of core systems
- Education level: College Diploma or University Degree
- 5+ years of industry experience
- 4+ years of industry experience using Unreal 4
- Proficient in C++, low-level game engine architecture.
- Ability to work remotely and independently, with flexible hours
Additional skills of benefit:
- UE5, Experience working FPS and network enabled games.
- Experience with remote teams, experience with git-flow, experience with :network enabled games
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
We are a well-funded gaming studio seeking talented, motivated team members to help build an industry-defining title on PC from the ground up. We are gamers ourselves and believe in allowing talented people to express their own creative freedom. We are looking for many experienced industry heroes to help build and craft an AAA-rated game with a unique innovative twist on the standard formula.
We currently have more than 60 talented Nyan members across the world with two-thirds of our team coming from AAA-rated gaming studios and titles.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture founded on kindness and our love of cats! Nyan Heroes has already donated $250,000 from its first NFT sale towards our mission of saving 1 billion cats.