Lead Online Engineer
Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
As the gaming industry undergoes rapid transformation, from the rise of free-to-play to the emergence of play-to-earn games and GameFi, Nyan Heroes stands at the vanguard of this revolution. With a focus on crafting a AAA multiplayer shooter set to launch its alpha in late 2023, we're committed to pushing the envelope.
By harnessing the power of blockchain technology, Nyan Heroes aims to involve and empower players equitably in all aspects of the game and its economy. Our mission is to set the gold standard for fair, sustainable game development in the GameFi space, leading the industry's advancement technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role
The Lead Online Engineer will be in charge of implementing the online features of the game. This includes game server management on Azure, matchmaking, player profile, player analytics, etc. This role will work closely with the Network Engineers to ensure optimal game network performance and online infrastructure.
They will need to have a good understanding of cloud online infrastructure and its impact on the game network, client/server model, advance matchmaking, and highly scalable sql/nosql databases.
The Lead Online Engineer will need to work in a full stack environment, from game client (Unreal Engine 5 and C++), to web services (C#, Nodejs), and everything in between (powershell scripting, VMs etc.).
What you’ll be doing
The Lead Online Engineer will be expected to fulfil the following activities:
- Manage and lead the Game Online Team
- Manage architecture and deploy the online infrastructure to Azure Cloud
- Implementation of web services endpoints
- Configuration and administration of scalable databases (sql/nosql) in the cloud
- Game implementation of online features
- Matchmaking services
- Configuration and deployment of dedicated server VMs
- Experience: 10+ years in engineering, 2+ years in a lead role
- Skills: Proficient in C++, C#, Nodejs, Powershell
- Prior Experience shipping an online AAA or High fidelity Mobile game
- Good understanding of online topology and cloud infrastructure
- Proficient with SQL, Mongo DB
- Deep understanding Azure Cloud resources (firewall, load balancers, vms, containers, etc.)
- Ability to work remotely and independently, with flexible hours
- Passion about gaming, crypto and blockchain technology
- Ability to work remotely and independently with flexible hours
- Strong communication skills
- Optional: you love cats and enjoy our humour
- Optional: Proficient in UE4/UE5
- Optional: Experience with git-flow
- Optional: Experience with common high level languages (Angular, TypeScript, python, etc.)
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
We are a well-funded gaming studio seeking talented, motivated team members to help build an industry-defining title on PC from the ground up. We are gamers ourselves and believe in allowing talented people to express their own creative freedom. We are looking for many experienced industry heroes to help build and craft an AAA-rated game with a unique innovative twist on the standard formula.
We currently have more than 60 talented Nyan members across the world with two-thirds of our team coming from AAA-rated gaming studios and titles.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture founded on kindness and our love of cats! Nyan Heroes has already donated $250,000 from its first NFT sale towards our mission of saving 1 billion cats.