Lead Network Engineer
Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
As the gaming industry undergoes rapid transformation, from the rise of free-to-play to the emergence of play-to-earn games and GameFi, Nyan Heroes stands at the vanguard of this revolution. With a focus on crafting a AAA multiplayer shooter set to launch its alpha in late 2023, we're committed to pushing the envelope.
By harnessing the power of blockchain technology, Nyan Heroes aims to involve and empower players equitably in all aspects of the game and its economy. Our mission is to set the gold standard for fair, sustainable game development in the GameFi space, leading the industry's advancement technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role:
The Lead Network Engineer will be in charge of leading the Game Network Team in implementing the network components and topology of the game. This role will work closely with Gameplay Designers, Gameplay Programmers and the Leadership Team to define the networking requirements of the game.
This role will need to have a strong understanding of the impact of networking on gameplay. More specifically, the Lead Network Engineer will have the goal to figure out how best to design and implement gameplay features so that they work adequately and within network constraints.
The Lead Network Engineer needs a deep understanding of the different network topology (most importantly those related to client/server model), bandwidth constraints and key algorithms, and data structures that help optimize networking. They will need to write robust code that scales for large multiplayer sessions (over 60 players per server)
The Lead Network Engineer will need strong leadership skills in order to manage and lead the Networking Team. There will need to be very hands on in technical implementations as well as architecture and planning.
What you’ll be doing:
The Lead Network Engineer will be expected to fulfil the following activities:
- Manage and lead the Networking Team
- Actively participate in the design and implementation of gameplay features
- Define the set of data that should or should not be replicated
- Enhance and create new replication models
- Implement network topology for client to the dedicated server model
- Optimize network bandwidth and server load
- Profile and debug network
- Experience: 10+ years in online games, 2+ years in a lead role
- Skills: Very strong in C++, Proficient in UE4/UE5
- Strong understanding of networking topology
- Ability to efficiently debug and optimize solutions
- Deep understanding of algorithms and data structures related to networking and gameplay
- Strong leadership skills
- Passion about gaming, crypto and blockchain technology
- Ability to work remotely and independently with flexible hours
- Strong communication skills
- Optional: you love cats and enjoy our humour
- Optional: Experience with remote teams
- Optional: Experience with git-flow
- Optional: Experience with Online Web Services
- Optional: Experience with Blockchain dApps/Smart Contracts
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
We are a well-funded gaming studio seeking talented, motivated team members to help build an industry-defining title on PC from the ground up. We are gamers ourselves and believe in allowing talented people to express their own creative freedom. We are looking for many experienced industry heroes to help build and craft an AAA-rated game with a unique innovative twist on the standard formula.
We currently have more than 60 talented Nyan members across the world with two-thirds of our team coming from AAA-rated gaming studios and titles.
In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture founded on kindness and our love of cats! Nyan Heroes has already donated $250,000 from its first NFT sale towards our mission of saving 1 billion cats.