Make your positive impact on the future of gaming
As the gaming industry undergoes rapid transformation, from the rise of free-to-play to the emergence of play-to-earn games and GameFi, Nyan Heroes stands at the vanguard of this revolution. With a focus on crafting a AAA multiplayer shooter set to launch its alpha in late 2023, we're committed to pushing the envelope.
By harnessing the power of blockchain technology, Nyan Heroes aims to involve and empower players equitably in all aspects of the game and its economy. Our mission is to set the gold standard for fair, sustainable game development in the GameFi space, leading the industry's advancement technologically, ethically, and inspirationally.
About the role:
We are seeking to hire a Technical Animator who can collaborate with Animation, Code and Design to achieve the look and feel of the desired animations style in-game. They will be responsible for upholding and maintaining a quality bar where you can see every whisker of every cat.
What you’ll be doing:
- Offer constructive feedback to the team’s work routinely.
- Create and maintain documentation for internal and external use.
- Proactively create and enhance Animation systems to balance the performance and behaviour requirements for the game.
- Prioritise, plan, and manage the time of assigned tasks with minimal oversight.
- Help define the technical direction and develop innovative solutions for difficult animation problems.
- Coach and Mentor members of the Animation team and maintain a high-quality relationship with other departments.
- Escalate priority matters in a timely and professional manner.
- Previous experience in games development, preferably with at least 1 AAA title under your belt as a Lead Technical Animator or 2/3 as an intermediate with involvement in technical animation.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
- Thorough knowledge of Animation Graphs, Blend Trees and State Machines implementation and maintenance.
- Understanding and knowledge of procedural runtime animation solutions such as IK/retargeting/ragdoll.
- Understanding and implementation of procedural animation systems to reduce workload and improve believability/readability of characters in-game.
- Strong knowledge of Maya and Motion Builder.
- Knowledgeable of current and emerging animation technologies in animation.
- Knowledge of animation principles and the processes involved in creating them.
- Scripting/programming languages such as Python/C++/C#/Blueprints experience is desirable.
- You must provide a portfolio of your work along with your application. You can do so by attaching documents to your CV or providing a link to an online portfolio (recommended).
- A complete shot breakdown of the work must be included in every portfolio. In your reel, portfolio, screenshots, and other materials, it must be crystal obvious what you are accountable for.
- Location: From anywhere in the world. We are globally remote.
- Equity/tokens available: Yes
- Start date: ASAP
We are a well-funded gaming studio seeking talented, motivated team members to help build an industry-defining title on PC from the ground up. We are gamers ourselves and believe in allowing talented people to express their own creative freedom. We are looking for many experienced industry heroes to help build and craft an AAA-rated game with a unique innovative twist on the standard formula. We currently have more than 60 talented Nyan members across the world with two-thirds of our team coming from AAA-rated gaming studios and titles. In addition to reshaping the future of gaming, we are committed to creating the top gaming studio culture founded on kindness and our love of cats! Nyan Heroes has already donated $250,000 from its first NFT sale towards our mission of saving 1 billion cats.