Neon Labs is looking for an Events Manager to join our growing Marketing team. As our events leader, you will lead the organization of our events, and set up the plan for the events that we attend. She or he will oversee a dozen mini-day-long events throughout the year, including hackathons, virtual summits, and more.
- Own the events program for Neon; Manage all phases of planning and executing Live, Virtual, and Hybrid programs
- Organize Neon events, such as its hackathons, and the developer conferences
- Negotiate contracts and manage relationships with outside vendors, and preparing ROI evaluations of events and conferences
- Manage an events agency for larger conferences as needed
- Manage external contracts and communication with vendors and partners
- For in-person events, manage budgets, scheduling, audiovisual orders, rooming lists, signage/displays orders, transportation requests, speakers, procure promotional products, etc.
- Maintain registrations sites, communications, client meetings, mobile apps, and feedback surveys
- Provide onsite support, both independently and as a team, when needed Conduct pre-event briefs, post-event reports, including but not limited to attendee surveys, analytics, and lessons learned
- Based in US or European time zones
- 3+ years of event management experience
- Corporate planning experience on events with over 1,000 attendees for external stakeholders (user conferences, summits, etc)
- Strategic thinker and creative problem-solver, able to glean insights, develop a vision, and bring it to life with actionable plans
- Must thrive in an environment of rapid change, moving targets, limited resources, high intensity, and cross-functional dependencies
- Fantastic ability to prioritize tasks when faced with multiple deadlines and operate under tight deadlines
- Resourceful and able to pivot and innovate
- Ability to work independently and autonomously, while maintaining a team-oriented attitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience working events in a technology company
- Have organized developer-focused conferences and events
- Experience organizing hackathons
This role is location agnostic anywhere in the world. Though we ask that you overlap some working hours with CET (Central European Time).
We are a fully distributed team and have the tools and benefits to support you in your remote work environment.