Director of Strategy & Business Operations
What You’ll Do:
As io.net's Director of Strategy & Business Operations, you will play a pivotal role in shaping and executing the organization's long-term vision and daily operational effectiveness. You’ll be responsible for driving the strategic planning process, aligning business operations with our goals, managing key performance indicators (KPIs), streamlining operations and enhancing employee engagement. Key to success in this position is your ability to collaborate across departments, driving team performance and innovation. A background in strategy and operations, coupled with an interest in the Web3 space, is essential.
- Cross-Functional Management
- Build productive and positive relationships across the organization at all levels to drive influence.
- Develop and utilize frameworks to help structure the team’s thinking, drive visibility, and facilitate alignment.
- Keep a pulse on the organization and report key findings to executive management
- Strategic Planning
- Analyze industry trends, market developments, and competitor strategies to inform business decisions and strategic planning
- Build the framework for the analysis behind company-wide strategic decisions related to all functions
- Contribute to the strategic planning process by designing the agenda for strategic offsite sessions and compiling the results into an organized strategic plan
- Run organizational planning and business rhythm process in alignment with all other functions to develop vision, mission, goals, objectives and key results (OKRs), resource and capital plans, etc.
- Develop and track key KPIs across the team to track strategic goals, milestones and accomplishments
- Author, manage, and deliver executive level reporting, including weekly, monthly, quarterly status reports to manage risks and issues and improve team communication and collaboration
- People Ops
- Assist in managing the recruitment process by coordinating job postings, screening candidates, conducting interviews, and facilitating test projects
- Help with recruiting operations and oversee new employee onboarding and training programs
- Engage employees through meaningful training and growth opportunities
- General Corporate Ops
- Assemble and maintain “company handbook” information using Notion
- Manage contract and document workflow (approval, signature, document repository management)
- Monitor and maintain company communications hygiene
- Oversee special projects and initiatives as directed by the COO, often requiring cross-functional collaboration
- Identify and implement new initiatives with key stakeholders to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives
- Act and operate as an internal consultant, working directly with multiple stakeholders, management, and various related departments be able to optimize team performance
- Required: Bachelor's degree from a top-tier institution; MBA or equivalent preferred
- 7+ years' experience in strategy-focused roles (e.g., business operations, corporate strategy, consulting, investment banking, venture capital)
- Prior involvement in early-stage tech startups, ideally as an early hire or founding member, is a plus
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, with detail orientation
- Proficiency in data-driven decision-making and strategic analysis tools
- Strong collaboration skills, adept at working with cross-functional teams
- Proven project management ability, managing multiple tasks concurrently
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, effective in diverse team environments
- Hands-on approach to tasks, with a willingness to personally execute and complete projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Experience or keen interest in the Web3 space
- Ability to challenge the executive team on key strategic and operational decisions
What We Offer:
- The opportunity to scale a rapidly growing crypto project at a pivotal stage in its development.
- A chance to significantly impact the evolving landscape of decentralized compute and AI.
- A supportive, passionate, and driven team environment.
- Flexibility to work remotely from anywhere in the world.
- A competitive compensation package, including generous equity and token grants.
- Regular team off-sites in various global locations.
How to Apply:
If you think you’d be a good fit for this role, or know someone who is, please send your resume to [email protected] and include “Director of BizOps” in the subject line.