Hivemapper is a decentralized map built using dashcams and AI. Since the launch of the mapping network in November 2022, a rapidly growing base of contributors have mapped more than 7 million kilometers of roads – more than 10% of the world’s roads.
Forward looking businesses rely on the Hivemapper network for fresh, high-quality map data to power their services and experiences. Our customer base spans enterprise tech, mapping and navigation, transportation and logistics, insurance, and real estate.
The work at Hivemapper is fast-paced, collaborative, and cross-disciplinary. We focus on solving hard problems, and we invest in our rapidly growing team and tech to do so.
Hivemapper is looking for a Communications Lead to develop content that will tell its story and keep Hivemapper at the center of the conversation about the future of mapping. If you're a skilled storyteller who can go deep to understand cutting-edge technology and is passionate about creating great content across multiple platforms, this is the role for you.
- Developing a content marketing strategy to deliver tailored messages to several audience segments, including map contributors; supply-side partners such as hardware distributors, and map data customers
- Producing, sourcing, or scheduling compelling and polished content across several different platforms, including long-form articles, blog posts, web landing pages, podcasts, videos, live events, and social media campaigns
- Managing social media to raise brand awareness and explain Hivemapper’s unique approach to mapmaking
- Increasing community engagement through events and partnerships
- Raising awareness of Hivemapper among journalists and thought leaders
- Securing interviews, podcast appearances, and conference slots to raise Hivemapper’s public profile
You should apply if:
- You are a skilled storyteller with a demonstrated ability to translate complex information into a simple and engaging message
- You have experience creating high-quality content across multiple platforms
- You are savvy about social media and how to get Hivemapper into the discussion
- You can quickly absorb a technical subject and develop content that is stimulating for subject-matter experts and engaging for newcomers
- You are great at prioritization and time management, efficiently handling both day-to-day deadlines and longer-term projects
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset, pursuing the most impactful opportunities and exercising judgment to pivot when necessary
- You are a strategic thinker who understands the tradeoffs of different approaches and relies on data to inform your decisions
Bonus if you have the following:
- Interest, knowledge, or experience related to mapping
- Interest, knowledge, or experience related to crypto/blockchain
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset from having started a business or effectively managed multiple contracts and projects as a freelancer
- Experience working for an early-stage (<50 people) technology company
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Hivemapper does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Hivemapper does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.