Who we are:
Fun Country is a digital game night for friends. We recreate the fun and intimacy of getting together to play games digitally with real-time audio and video. Poker is the first game available in Fun Country. We don't facilitate gambling, we operate legally. Instead, we facilitate FUN! It's poker like you'd play with your friends: house rules, side bets, dealer’s choice.
The team has built and sold multiple gaming companies, including Zynga pre and post IPO. We have raised hundreds of millions of dollars in VC and are experienced operators. Our investors are some of the best in the gaming and crypto world: Angels such as Justin Waldron (co-founder of Zynga), Justin Kan (twitch.tv), Kyle Samani (Multicoin), and institutional capital such as Solana Ventures and Transcend Fund.
A little about how we work:
-We are a remote-first team that is focused on bringing in the best talent in the world, regardless of geographic location.
-We pay competitively and offer equity in the form of stock (and eventually vesting tokens).
-Our work hours are flexible, we’re focused on accomplishing goals not time at the keyboard.
-We’re real adults and have a family-friendly set of policies, we expect you to be able to pick up your kids from school. You’ll work with a diverse and international team of skilled and motivated colleagues
-You’ll be given large amounts of ownership and autonomy, your work will matter
Who you are:
We are looking for an experienced Community Manager with a passion for poker, crypto, and NFTs that is has experience launching an NFT project. This person is excited to help Fun Country catalyze the community. They are eager to have full ownership of the community direction and work directly with stakeholders and executives. A background in poker, startups, gaming, social, or crypto (or better yet all of the above!) is preferred.
- Experience in launching and managing an NFT project. A background in gaming is a major plus.
- You're excited to host daily poker tournaments with the community.
- Strong communication skills, especially around collaborating with other NFT communities.
- An ability to work independently and proactively with minimal direction.
- Strong learning skills, can learn new things in a short time.
- You enjoy playing games, use Discord, and other social channels on a daily basis.
- Very organized, great time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Consistency in responding to messages quickly and comprehensively.
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive salary.
- Compensation package including equity, 100% paid healthcare, and flexible PTO.
- Remote-first team
- Flexible schedule
To apply, click the apply for this position button below. Join/participate in our Discord, discord.gg/funcountry, to get a feel for the community so you can suggest ways you would grow engagement (do not DM or post about the position in the Discord).
Fun Country is based in Austin, TX, but we are a remote-first team and you can work from anywhere. This can be a part-time or full-time position.