Trading Systems Engineer (Rust)
About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within five months of launching, we have:
- Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 21 trading markets.
Drift is looking for a Trading Systems Engineer to report to our CTO, Head of Research, and Quant engineering team, to lead the development of core trading infrastructure, design and implement quantitative trading strategies, as well as monitor systems and ensure their performance. You’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Solana stack on cutting-edge technology that revolutionises the way we trade digital assets.
Drift Labs pays a competitive salary with upside potential.
- Design, develop, and maintain core trading infrastructure
- Develop monitoring solutions to ensure system performance in production
- Profile and improve critical code paths to ensure high performance
- Assist in implementing and integrating quantitative trading strategies
- Participate in code reviews to maintain a high degree of code quality
- Low level understanding of HTTP, HTTP/2 and websocket protocols
- Proven experience working with a low level language (i.e. C/C++/Rust)
- Experience or willingness to working in Rust
- Experience working with an asynchronous and/or multithreaded system
- Sufficient knowledge of maths to implement mathematical concepts in code
Nice to Have
- Experience in algorithmic trading
- Working knowledge of common DeFi patterns
- Experience working with blockchains at the protocol level
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology related costs
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, go to https://link.drift.trade/apply