About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives exchange on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralised exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within five months of launching, we have:
- Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 21 trading markets.
The Drift team is seeking an operations associate to support our Head of Operations. To further propel us on our current trajectory, we’re looking for a super-smart & dynamic generalist. There is heaps to do - while we know that smart people gravitate to parts of the business where they can add the most value (which is typically also the types of work they enjoy the most), we also want someone who can roll their sleeves up and just work out what needs to be done, as effectively as possible.
Roles and Responsibilities
Our team is decentralised with key team members spread across multiple time-zones including Asia, Oceania, North America, and Europe. For any position at Drift, it’s a prerequisite that you are entirely comfortable being self-sufficient. All team members have a proven track record of being a go-getter, capable of leveraging internal and external resources to help execute on our business strategy.
Be the glue that sticks the team together
Learn how the team operates, both siloed and cross divisionally. Uplift and streamline workplace processes to increase teamwork, enhance productivity and make work fun. This could include process mapping, documentation and recommendations, sourcing tools to enhance team work and collaborations, as well as running both formal and informal team meetings and events.
Be a data wiz
Be comfortable working cross-divisionally with the product, marketing, business development or legal teams by assisting with data driven insights, through building models to provide insights into budgeting, ROI’s or OKR’s, or trawl through financial data to answer questions with no easily identifiable answers i.e. ‘Where can we improve the user experience through changing parameters in our protocol model?’
Project manage like a pro
Drive initiatives from start to finish, across verticals, whether this be building revenue analysis models, driving integrations of other protocols, planning office space, budgeting and organising logistics for global travel, sourcing merchandise/event space, or maintaining stakeholder relationships.
Be a go-getter
In our world, perfect is the enemy of the good. Success in this role is someone who is a go getter and knows how to ask the right questions to get what they need to get the work done. Whether the work is low level or ambiguous, be self reliant and draw on available resources to remove blockers, and whatever you’re working on done.
Bring your best
Draw upon your prior experiences to bring your own edge to the table, whether this is knowledge of financial markets, being a data wiz, or being super organised, play to your own skill set to drive the business forward.
- Recent graduate or career changer
- Some professional services experience (consulting, law, accounting or finance)
- Strong academic background
- A passion for blockchain technology and decentralised finance
- Quintessential generalist: you want to touch and get some experience in strategy, analytics, finance, research, marketing, sales, organisational behaviour & culture, specifically within a fast-growing start-up, potentially with entrepreneurial ambitions of your own
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Possessing a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, continuous learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility)
- Start-up mentality - resilient, tenacious, deep hunger for learning and self-improvement
- Remote first - work from anywhere, but a home base in Australia or the North America is preferable
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology costs
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
**To apply, go to https://link.drift.trade/apply **