About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps on Solana. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within five months of launching, we have:
- Hit $10B in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $50M in trader open interest with $13M in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 21 trading markets.
Drift is looking for an Infrastructure Engineer to be a core member of our engineering team. You will build and maintain our decentralized perpetual futures platform across our back end and off-chain infrastructure. You’ll help determine the back end strategy as well as implement it, enabling our back end infrastructure technology that revolutionizes the way we trade digital assets.
Drift Labs pays a competitive salary with upside potential.
- Off-chain services: Design, build and maintain efficient and reliable off-chain web services that are optimised for speed (e.g. liquidators and arbitrage bots, indexing transaction history, etc)
- Back-End Infrastructure Processes: Operationalize existing off-chain web services by improving processes and implementing operational strategies around monitoring, alarming, etc
- Infrastructure Management: Manage upkeep for the Solana RPC and validators, in addition to developing a deep understanding of the Solana RPC and validator design to influence the future development of the protocol.
- 2+ years of experience in building and maintaining scalable data systems
- Ability to go from design concepts to implementation fast
- Passion for blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Nice to Have
- Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level.
- Experience running blockchain infrastructure
- Understanding of perpetual futures, options, margin trading and derivatives products.
- Familiarity with the Solana blockchain and building applications on Solana.
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline.
Drift's Development Stack
- Frontend: Typescript + React
- Smart Contracts: Rust (using Anchor framework)
- Backend: MySQL
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for laptop
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, go to https://link.drift.trade/apply