Senior Quant Trader
About Drift Labs
Drift is a leading derivatives DEX building perpetual swaps. Our mission is to bring state-of-the-art trader-centric experience from centralized exchanges on-chain. We're a team of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working together to make this a reality.
Within four months of launch, we have:
- Hit $6b in cumulative volume traded;
- Achieved over $30m in trader open interest with $15m in collateral vault balance;
- Launched 13 trading markets.
Drift is looking for a ****Senior Quant Trader ****to be a core member of our research team to build, scale the protocol’s dynamic AMM, spearhead the development of strategies to improve its robustness, and utilize this expertise to expand trading operations.
- Research optimizations in design of the on-chain dynamic AMM and hybrid orderbook.
- Design, implement and manage research projects to contribute to trading operations
- Lead the implementation of an analytic framework and trading data warehouse to accelerate real-time arbitrage, alpha research, trading operation and finance workflow.
- Manage portfolio risk and impact various trading strategies and infrastructure limitations on a real-time basis.
- Run simulations to track and measure risks across market scenarios.
- Ensure code and data quality to showcase reproducible work.
- Proactively engage other research community members.
- 5+ years of relevant working experience, ideally within trading/crypto
- Proficiency with Python and Rust, including developing, deploying and maintaining production quality software
- Passion for DeFi and crypto, including a deep understanding of AMMs while proactively engaging in new developments
- Strong mathematical thinking and numerical analysis skills.
- Track record of going from theoretical concepts to practical design, building, scaling and maintenance.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, with a high attention to detail
Nice to Have
- Experience with any blockchain at the protocol level
- Understanding of perpetual futures, options, margin trading and derivatives products
- Familiarity with the Solana blockchain and building applications on Solana
- Experience in data visualization frameworks
- BSc in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant discipline
Drift's Development Stack
- Frontend: Typescript + React
- Smart Contracts: Rust (using Anchor framework)
- Backend: MySQL
- Infrastructure: AWS
- Remote first - work from anywhere
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology related costs
To apply, send your CV and GitHub link to [email protected]!