MEV Quantitative Researcher
About Drift Labs
Drift Labs is the core contributor to Drift Protocol, the largest perpetuals DEX on Solana. Drift Protocol’s goal is to make DEXs the best way to trade derivatives. Despite the decentralized nature of crypto, centralized derivatives exchanges still remain dominant - they're already fast, familiar and reliable however lack immutability and transparency.
Drift’s vision is to create a centralised user experience built on decentralised rails. We’re backed by Multicoin Capital, Polychain Ventures, Ethereal and many more. The team is made up of experienced traders and builders from DeFi and traditional finance working to make this a reality.
Drift is looking for an MEV researcher to be a core member of our infrastructure and trading team. You'll be expected to build and maintain core infrastructures for off-chain bots that ensure maximal price efficiency on Drift's DEX. Additionally, you’ll have an opportunity to work across our entire Solana stack on cutting-edge technology that revolutionizes the way we trade digital assets.
Drift Labs pays a competitive salary with upside potential.
- Work on Just-in-Time auction trading algorithms that maximize yield for MMs and maximizes exchange liquidity
- Build open-source bot examples for MEV arbitrage opportunities across the exchange
- Ensure 24/7 uptime for arbitrage and liquidation bots, keeping prices on DEX in line with oracle prices
- Develop, backtest and execute MEV-focused algorithmic strategies
- Write and deploy production quality code to integrate new trading strategies in our current set
- Develop monitoring and reporting systems around strategy performance
- Experience managing day-to-day operations of software infrastructure and maintenance of trading systems
- Algorithmic trading experience with a previous track record is required, whether personal or professional experience
- Previous experience with algorithmic trading on DEXes
- Understanding of and experience building basis and arbitrage strategies
- Strong communication skills and collaborative mindset
- High level of ownership and accountability, reliability, and strong follow through
- Ability to handle pressure and time constraints with composure
Nice to Haves
- Quantitative degree in Maths, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics or related qualitative field
- 3+ years of experience with building and maintaining algorithmic trading systems and/or trading infrastructure
- Remote first - work from anywhere, but a home base in Australia or the North America is preferable
- International team meets
- Stipend for technology costs
Drift is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. All aspects of employment are based on merit, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To apply, go to this link.