Exchange Generalist Intern
Exchange Generalist Intern – Summer 2024
IEX (IEX Group, Inc.) is dedicated to providing access and improving performance across industries, via our portfolio of Exchange, Digital Assets and Technology businesses. Founded in 2012, IEX launched a new kind of securities exchange in 2016 that combines a transparent business model with innovative design to better protect investors and level the playing field. Today, we’re applying our experience and proprietary technology to remove barriers, unlock scale, and help people seize new opportunities for growth in a variety of industries.
IEX is looking for a highly driven candidate to work on the IEX Exchange team in the Summer of 2024. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual with strong technical skills who is excited to learn various aspects of equity market structure and electronic trading. This is a cross-functional opportunity where you will leverage your technical, teamwork, and communication skills to help IEX set new standards and raise the bar for performance, fairness, and transparency.
Exchange Generalists will report to the Exchange’s Business Operations team, with daily exposure to the Business Development, Business Analytics, Product, and Market Policy teams, supporting the day-to-day operations of our business. Interns will spend time developing an understanding of equity market structure dynamics and how an exchange operates while supporting the above teams through the completion of ad-hoc projects that require the use of PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, and various other tools.
- Highly detail-oriented
- Keen interest in electronic trading
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong ability to adapt and take on unfamiliar tasks
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Team player
What You’ll Do:
- Become a subject matter expert on the mechanics of electronic trading, U.S. equity market structure, data analysis, and apply those concepts when working with customers, clients, and improving our future products
- Develop expertise with IEX technology, systems, trading functionality, order types, and market data
- Shadow and assist members of various Exchange teams such as Business Operations, Business Development, Business Analytics, Product, and Market Policy
- Work closely with the team on prepping materials for client presentations, identifying opportunities for operational efficiencies, and ad-hoc research-based projects
- Participate in IEX’s organization-wide internship program which includes networking events, group intern projects, and frequent opportunities to learn from company leadership
- Currently enrolled at an accredited university and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Familiarity with the mechanics of electronic trading and the stock market is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience with Microsoft Office products such as Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Tableau, KDB, and Salesforce are not required but are a big plus
- Ability to comprehend and apply complex concepts regarding equity market structure to your day-to-day is expected
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team to complete requests promptly
- You possess a well-rounded skill set that will allow you to complete both technical and qualitative projects assigned by the team
Our job titles may span more than one career level. The starting base pay is $30.00/hour for this NY-based position. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs and market demands. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Here at IEX, we are dedicated to an inclusive workplace and culture. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. This policy not only complies with all applicable laws and protects workers' rights but is vital to IEX’s overall mission and values.