Full Stack Engineer
As a Full-Stack Engineer at Castle, you will work on the frontend app and other backend services that will eventually manage hundreds of millions of dollars on behalf of the biggest DAOs in crypto. You will work at the intersection of user experience, engineering, decentralized finance, and security. You’ll have input over the direction of both product features and technical architecture.
None of these are strict requirements—we believe great candidates can come from many different backgrounds.
- 2+ years of experience developing web applications in a production environment
- Proficiency with React or another frontend framework, TypeScript, HTML/CSS, SQL/relational databases, and a server framework like Node
- Experience with modern devops technologies like AWS, Vercel, CI/CD, or Docker
- A knack for getting the visuals right and a commitment to testing your systems
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment, continuously grow, and master your craft
- Experience working in crypto or financial services industry
- Bonus points if you’re a defi-degen or shitcoin-slinger
- Work within a tight-nit team of other engineers and designers to turn our product and technical vision into a tangible roadmap
- Interface with various blockchains, including Solana and Ethereum
- Build, test, and ship customer-facing features/products using modern tools. Our team uses TypeScript (ES6/React), Node.js, PostgreSQL, and AWS
- Write high-quality, well-tested code to meet the needs of our customers
- Iterate quickly based on product and customer feedback
Since we’re a startup, in addition to the above, you’ll have the chance to be involved in other areas of the business like recruiting, marketing, or product design.
Working at Castle
- Compensation: Your equity comp will be above-market. We set aside an employee option pool big enough that our VCs even asked us about it. Our response? We believe in hiring the best and are willing to pay up to do so.
- Ownership: From day 1, you will take ownership of a project that is critical to the success of the company. We believe exceptional individuals rise up to the challenges in front of them.
- Flexibility: Work wherever and whenever you want. We believe remote work is the future and that you will be the most productive when you dictate your own schedule. Funds normally reserved for office-space will be redirected to optimizing your own work environment.
- Benefits: 401(k) + company match, insurance options, DoorDash stipend, WFH and wellness stipends.