Founding Software Engineer (Backend/Data)
RWA.xyz is a data provider and analytics dashboard for the next big wave in DeFi: Real-World Assets. DeFi today exists in an insular bubble, but RWAs present the chance for the vast efficiency and transparency benefits of DeFi to impact the outside world. We build tools to help investors effectively navigate this new paradigm.
We’re backed by top VCs in the industry (Nascent, Shima, and Solana) and our team has worked at some of the best web2 and web3 companies in the world. We move fast, build in the open, and are eager to bring on new team members!
Role: Founding Software Engineer
Level: Senior (5+ years of experience)
Compensation: $120k-160k salary + 1%-2% equity, depending on experience
Location: NYC preferred, open to remote
None of these are strict requirements—we believe great candidates can come from many different backgrounds.
- 5+ years of experience engineering data-driven systems with technologies like Spark, Beam, Flink, or Kafka
- Expertise in relational database schema design
- Working knowledge of DevOps and cloud infrastructure
- Excellent communication ability, especially written
- Strong sense of ownership and craftsmanship
- Can move quickly and accurately under conditions of uncertainty without supervision
Bonus points if you have previous blockchain data, early-stage startup, or finance experience!
As a founding engineer, you’ll lay both the technical and cultural foundations for the company. Your responsibilities will include:
- Architect and engineer our core data systems and API
- Review program code written by other engineers for security and quality
- Collaborate with full-stack and front-end engineers to ship products and features
- Increase team productivity by improving the development lifecycle
- Mentor more junior engineers
Since we’re a startup, in addition to the above, you’ll have the chance to be involved in other areas of the business like product, growth, recruiting, and fundraising.