Lead Game Economy Designer
Blockstars (https://blockstars.gg) is looking for a self-starting Lead Game Economy Designer to apply deep understanding of player behaviors & motivations in the management simulation genre to design, balance and maintain the core economy structure of Blockstars in order to support all of its systems, features, content releases and operations strategies. The perfect candidate is able to improve the game’s financial performance across all phases of development, from pre-production, to live development, to the token sales, and ultimately through live ops.
This position can either be a full-time role or a long-term contract, and is fully distributed / remote (as long as you are able to work continental USA hours).
- Competitive pay.
- Equity in the company (full-time employees only).
- Full health care, vision and dental for employees / 50% for dependents (full-time employees only).
- 401(k), Long-term Disability Insurance (full-time employees only).
- Design, model, tune and maintain a balanced game economy including progression, rewards, drop tables, resource flows, sources and sinks, content statistics and pricing.
- Recommend novel systems and features to allow different player types to fulfill their experience at their level of engagement and spend.
- Define economy KPIs to monitor, predict and validate the impact of features on game balance and player behavior at a macro and micro level.
- Provide thought leadership and expertise on game economies, providing data-informed recommendations on design, balance tuning, features, live ops and pricing.
- Experience as a Game Economy Designer or similar role, working on game balance, economy features and monetization with successful games.
- Experience working on management simulation, or other similarly economy-driven, games.
- Expert understanding of game design theory. Experience in gameplay design, social design, and math design a plus.
- Strong instincts about gameplay and game design, understanding how to build needs and emotions integrated with player experience.
- Proficiency in Excel. Proficiency with programming (SQL, Python, R, etc.) a plus.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Prior experience working in a fully distributed / remote environment.
- Knowledge of the Solana blockchain ecosystem & key communities.
Blockstars is the world’s first management simulation game on the blockchain. The founding team are experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful gaming companies at the cutting edge of various technology and platform revolutions, and are now seeking to do the same for blockchain. The company is funded by leading gaming investor Makers Fund, as well as Google and Amazon, among others.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a link to your primary online presences to [email protected]