Blockstars (https://blockstars.gg) is looking for a 3D Artist who loves creating characters, environments and assets that are as realistic as they are beautiful. Do you have a talent for composition, balance, and proportion? Do you pride yourself on matching real-world textures and lighting? Then we want to talk with you!
This position can either be a full-time role or a long-term contract, and is fully distributed / remote (as long as you are able to work continental USA hours).
- Competitive pay.
- Equity in the company (full-time employees only).
- Full health care, vision and dental for employees / 50% for dependents (full-time employees only).
- 401(k), Long-term Disability Insurance (full-time employees only).
- Work closely with the Art Director and team to create beautiful 3D worlds and assets.
- Model high-resolution game characters, environments and props.
- Have a high Level of Materials/Shaders to achieve realistic object Shaders.
- Strong texturing / UV skills.
- Strong skills in lighting and rendering techniques.
- Work with the Art Director, artists, and designers to create compelling lighting for a variety of environments while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to develop specific color grading looks.
- Create, maintain, and communicate documentation for art guidelines and implementation techniques.
- Strong eye for detail, organized and meticulous.
- Able to clearly communicate techniques and processes.
- Reviewing outsourcing work and giving clear feedback.
- Must have strong scene lighting abilities.
- Advanced level understanding of Maya or equivalent 3D package and Photoshop.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills are required.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Prior experience working in a fully distributed / remote environment.
- Traditional 2D skills.
- Knowledge of the Solana blockchain ecosystem & key communities.
Blockstars is the world’s first management simulation game on the blockchain. The founding team are experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful gaming companies at the cutting edge of various technology and platform revolutions, and are now seeking to do the same for blockchain. The company is funded by leading gaming investor Makers Fund, as well as Google and Amazon, among others.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a link to your portfolio to [email protected]