Blockstars (https://blockstars.gg) is looking for a self-starting and passionate Art Director to lead the Art function for this cutting edge studio at the intersection of blockchain and gaming.
The perfect candidate for this role is a hands-on creative leader, who can dive straight in and begin driving the artistic vision for multiple projects simultaneously. You’d be joining the core team as a critical member, contributing to all aspects of the company’s success. We are all hands-on game makers, meaning you will be too!
This position can either be a full-time role or a long-term contract, and is fully distributed / remote (as long as you are able to work continental USA hours).
- Competitive pay.
- Equity in the company (full-time employees only).
- Full health care, vision and dental for employees / 50% for dependents (full-time employees only).
- 401K, Long-term Disability Insurance (full-time employees only).
- You will bring and maintain the highest levels of visual integrity, ensuring consistency and quality at the cutting edge of blockchain gaming.
- You will be flexible and solutions-oriented in exploring a variety of options to accomplish the company’s goals.
- You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to build high quality products that will resonate with the target audience.
- You will communicate effectively in a collaborative, diverse and fast-moving work environment to keep teams aligned.
- You will help us grow the studio and develop a team of expert artists working highly autonomously under your leadership.
- You will drive outsourcing, which will include selecting partners and ensuring their deliverables align with the company’s standards. You will actively manage art pipelines and help build processes that can be replicated at scale.
- Demonstrated leadership, and hands-on experience, in multiple art subject areas such as concept, 3d modeling, animation and illustration (the more the better - we love generalists who can do a bit of everything in all positions!).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- An online portfolio showcasing your ability as an artist, and demonstrating your ability to carry a vision for an interactive entertainment / gaming product.
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Prior experience working in a fully distributed / remote environment.
- Prior experience managing an international art outsourcing pipeline.
- Knowledge of and a passion for the rapidly evolving NFT / blockchain gaming space.
Blockstars is the world’s first management simulation game on the blockchain. The founding team are experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful gaming companies at the cutting edge of various technology and platform revolutions, and are now seeking to do the same for blockchain. The company is funded by leading gaming investor Makers Fund, as well as Google and Amazon, among others.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a link to your primary online presences to [email protected]