Blockstars (https://blockstars.gg) is looking for a self-starting and passionate Product Designer to drive the product design strategy and execution of game features for the latest cutting edge studio at the intersection of blockchain and gaming. This candidate will work closely with a cross-functional team of engineers, product managers, and 3D artists to build features that will change the way the world owns and plays games.
This position can either be a full-time role or a long-term contract, and is fully distributed / remote (as long as you are able to work continental USA hours).
- Competitive pay.
- Equity in the company (full-time employees only).
- Full health care, vision and dental for employees / 50% for dependents (full-time employees only).
- 401K, Long-term Disability Insurance (full-time employees only).
- You will bring and maintain the highest levels of visual integrity, ensuring consistency and quality of product design at the cutting edge of blockchain gaming.
- You will create product systems, behaviors and design solutions in a new innovative space and be responsible for owning, creating, and maintaining the company’s brand style guide and design principles.
- You will take broad, conceptual ideas and turn them into something useful and valuable for mass consumers on a new platform that is currently in the early adopters phase
- You will work closely with Creative, Product, Design, and Technical leadership to create high quality design specifications
- You will communicate effectively in a collaborative, diverse and fast-moving work environment to keep teams aligned.
- Experience owning and driving early stage product design processes
- Experience with a variety of design and prototyping tools (figma, origami, sketch, balsamiq, axure, mockflow, etc)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- An online portfolio showcasing your design thought process and skills
- 2+ years of product design experience
Nice to Haves
- Prior experience collecting user research and running user studies
- Prior experience with copywriting, especially human-centered product copy
- Prior experience working in a fast-paced start-up environment
- Prior experience working in a fully distributed / remote environment
- Prior experience working in the gaming or consumer technology industry
- Knowledge of and a passion for the rapidly evolving NFT / blockchain gaming space
Blockstars is the world’s first management simulation game on the blockchain. The founding team are experienced entrepreneurs who have built successful gaming companies at the cutting edge of various technology and platform revolutions, and are now seeking to do the same for blockchain. The company is funded by leading gaming investor Makers Fund, as well as Google and Amazon, among others.
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume and a link to your primary online presences to [email protected]