REMOTE | FULL TIME | IMMEDIATE START
Arweave is the world’s first truly permanent information storage system. The Arweave network replicates data across the globe and backs storage with a sustainable endowment.
We are a multicultural startup based in Berlin and New York seeking a engineer/developer working on protocol development
What will you do:
As a protocol engineer, you will be tasked with implementing new features, occasionally from a reference implementation or technical specification, maintaining the functionality of existing features, ensuring that the implementation complies with the current protocol specification and updating the code when upgrades are made to the network.
- Design and develop code directly related to the Arweave protocol
- Collaborate with other protocol implementation team members to share knowledge on the protocol, whether it be a high-level protocol or technical details.
- As adoption accelerates, work with internal and external contributors to define and develop solutions to challenges faced by the protocol
- Represent yourself to internal and external stakeholders as a subject matter expert.
- Participate in the creation of pull requests, specifications, and proposals and help provide peer review
- Prior experience in engineering, software development or other technical roles
- Prior experience with or deeply interested in blockchain technology in a protocol development context
- Prior experience managing a large codebase with components and keeping it modular, well-designed and future-proofed
- Location: You can work remotely or on-site; visits to our Berlin office can be arranged.
- Work Language: Proficient or native in English
How to apply:
Please send an email to [email protected] with your CV and a link to your relevant GitHub repos.
Arweave is an equal-opportunity employer and welcomes applications from everybody.