Sr. Staff/Software Engineer
Posted on Wednesday, January 17, 2024
Want to build the future of the cloud?
Overclock Labs is developing the world's first open-source and decentralized marketplace for cloud compute, enabling anyone to become a cloud provider by offering unused compute on an open marketplace. As more of the internet moves to the cloud, we are materializing the vision of the first decentralized cloud in an industry projected to reach $2.4 trillion in total market capitalization by 2030. Our team includes renowned open-source and blockchain developers, and seasoned experts from leading technology and platform companies. We are a remote-first, distributed, and growing team — offering unparalleled opportunities for career growth at the emerging intersection between crypto, AI, and permissionless compute.
As a Sr. Staff/Software Engineer at Overclock Labs (creators of Akash Network), you will have the opportunity to contribute to the core tech stack for the world’s first truly decentralized cloud service. You will have an excellent opportunity to expand your scope and help build the Web 3.0 decentralized infrastructure of the future.
Your Sphere of Impact:
Design, develop and test of new features in the core tech stack of Akash Network (primarily Node and Provider). Implement resilient and scalable systems to achieve high reliability for the Akash blockchain. Contribute to building ops pipeline and documentation. Think creatively about attack vectors, failure handling, and other non-functional requirements.
- 8+ years of professional software development
- 5+ years working in Golang
- Experience with DevOps workflows and development with Kubernetes SDK.
- Notable Open Source contributions in GitHub
- Experience building distributed systems using microservices and container orchestration (Kubernetes)
- Experience in key security concepts: cryptography, key/certificate management, identity, and access management
- Strong communication skills, specifically giving/receiving constructive feedback in a collaborative setting
- Ability to stay communicative while working remotely and asynchronously
Nice to Have:
- Past experience with C, C++MSc or higher in Computer Science, (or BSc with relevant experience) in software engineering
- Familiarity with bash and make
- Familiarity with databases
- Familiarity with common message brokers (like redis).